An optimal environment in which our community can flourish
Promote, provide for and protect the health and well-being of our community and environment.
Assist and advise the Teton County Health Department implement the 10 Essential Services of Public Health:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower residents about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop polities and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
* Source: National Association of County and City Health Officials.