Road Department Services
- Maintain adequate maintenance programs
- Maintain adequate traffic control system
- Maintain adequate public address system
- Maintain and protect the integrity of the county road system
- Protect the county and the board from litigation
- Provide input into the planning process of the county roads system to provide from future needs
Levee Department Services
- Coordinate all activities pertaining to the levee system with the Army Corp. of Engineer and/or Board of County Commissioners
- Maintain armor revetment adequate to with stand normal high water flows.
- Provide equipment and manpower for flood fight and rehab activities
- Provide personnel for flood watch activities
- Provide upstream access to all levee reaches within flood control system
- Provide Walton Quarry for riprap source and manage all activities in quarry area
State Engineer`s Office
- Achieve a high percentage of Hydrographer/Water Commissioner and Division Superintendent decisions that are upheld on appeal.
- Complete water right adjudication files (proofs) within three years or less from the date of acceptance of completion notice.
- Respond in two business days or less to calls for stream regulation.
- Assist with and recommend orders for head gates, parshall flumes, and streamgages (as needed for efficient water use).
- Complete safety of dams inspections and file reports with the State Engineer’s Office.
- Meet with the public and advise, with regards to the permitting process for water rights applications.
- Provide direction to the public, with regards to the rules and regulations of the State Engineer’s Office and the Board of Control.